Tuesday April 5, 2022 | LANGFORD, BC
by Mary P Brooke, Editor | Island Social Trends
Now that spring weather is here, a lot of roadworks are going on in Langford.
Here’s a brief list of projects happening this week:
- Monday April 4. Reunion Ave (between Kelly Rd & Merchant Way). Traffic delays during road closure. 7 am to 3 pm.
- Monday April 4. Glen Lake Rd (Sooke Road to Alouette Drive). Traffic delays during construction work in roadway. 7 am to 5 pm.
- Monday April 4 and Wed April 6. Shaw Ave and Arngask Ave intersection. Traffic delay – roadside construction. 8 am to 4 pm.
- Monday April 4 to Friday April 8. Hwy 1 (TCH) at West Shore Parkway. Closed intermittently (3 minute maximum) for TELUS utility works. Night time hours: 10 pm to 6 am.
- Wednesday April 6. Peatt Rd – Goldstream Ave to Orono Ave. Traffic delay (single lane alternating) during Fortis gas service installation. 7 am to 3 pm.
- Wednesday April 6 (from 10 pm) into Thursday April 7 (to 6 am). Highway 1 — Malahat northbound lane closure for milling and paving at Tunnel Hill washout site. between Finlayson Arm Rd & Wellswood Rd. Traffic will be single-lane alternating with traffic direction alternating in 20-minute intervals.
- Current to Tuesday May 10. West Shore Parkway at Amy Rd roundabout. Traffic delays during roundabout improvements. 7 am to 5 pm.
Scheduled traffic info for Langford, Colwood, Sooke, View Royal and Saanich are posted on the Island Social Trends Traffic page.
===== TRAFFIC UPDATES:
Traffic: Malahat overnight April 6 (April 6, 2022)
Langford Traffic: Chidlow Connector now open (March 28, 2022)
Langford Traffic: Chidlow Connector opens March 28 (March 24, 2022)
Langford Traffic: Signal lights now active at Chidlow Connector (February 3, 2022)
Xmas tree seller finds new supplier, adapts to COVID (December 12, 2021)
Flooding in Langford, sandbags available (November 15, 2021)
Langford traffic interruption in Luxton area quickly resolved (December 2, 2020)
Advance voting off to the races in the west shore (October 17, 2020)
Luxton Summer Night Market on for July & August (July 3, 2019)
===== ABOUT THE WRITER: