Wednesday September 15, 2021 | VICTORIA, BC Editorial by Mary P Brooke, B.Sc., Editor | Island Social Trends Heat domes like the one experienced in British...
Wednesday September 15, 2021 | COLWOOD, BC by Mary P Brooke, Editor | Island Social Trends Proudly announced last week by Mitzi Dean, MLA (Esquimalt-Metchosin), students...
Tuesday September 14, 2021 | LANGFORD, BC by Mary P Brooke, Editor | Island Social Trends Alongside the active construction site of the future Plexxis...
Tuesday September 14, 2021 | LANGFORD, BC by Mary P Brooke, Editor | Island Social Trends Apparently there haven't been any particular incidents over rollout of...
Tuesday September 14, 2021 | VANCOUVER, BC by Mary P Brooke, Editor | Island Social Trends The 2021 Community Excellence Awards were rolled out this morning...
Scheduled Traffic Interruptions
- Tuesday June 15 to Thursday September 30. Massie Drive (Veterans Memorial Pkwy to Claude Road). Traffic delays for Massie/Thomasset Connector Project.
- Monday September 13. Strathmore Road (between Scafe Rd & Brock Ave). Road closure, construction of crane. 8 am to 5 pm.
- Monday September 13 to Friday September 17. Goldstream Ave (Leigh Rd to Veterans Memorial Parkway). CRD water underground investigations.
- Wednesday September 15. 2782 Spencer Road. Traffic delays for sewer service connection. 7 am to 5 pm.
- Week of June 14 through to September. Painter Road and Metchosin Road (Cotlow to Benhomer). Traffic interruptions during sidewalk and cycling upgrades. Single lane traffic through the upgrade areas (may impact traffic times). Traffic personnel on site to direct traffic.
- August 17 to September 30. Colwood Crescent. Storm drain works 7 am to 7 pm. Allow additional commuting time; single lane traffic. Traffic personnel on site.
- Wednesday September 15 & Thursday September 16. Wale Road. Line and crosswalk painting. 6 pm to 10 pm. This may mean waiting a few minutes when passing through the Wale and Wilfert Road area. Single lane alternating traffic, with minor impact to travel times. Traffic personnel on site.
- Colwood Roads – municipal page
- No posts at this time.
- Highway 14 from Connie Road to Glinz Road. Starting spring/summer 2020, to create four lanes near the 17-Mile Pub, and a BC Transit Park & Ride. For two years to summer 2022.
Central Vancouver Island
- PORT ALBERNI. Starting July 6. Highway 4 Kennedy Hill improvement project — night time construction continues for Evening work only (8 pm to 2 am), except Saturday nights. Expect 30-minute delays at top-of-the-hour closures. Blasting is to widen and straighten the highway along the high rock bluffs. [Note: this is the route to Tofino and Ucluelet]
- June 3 & June 4. Highway 14 Parkinson Hill repair project. The section of Hwy 14 at Parkinson Hill (six kilometres east of Port Renfrew) will be closed from 8:30 am on Thursday June 3 through 5:30 am on Friday June 4. The 21-hour closure is for crews to remove a temporary bridge that was installed in April to allow for deep road-based repairs over the width of the existing highway. The Parkinson Hill slope repair project is one schedule to be completed by July 2021. Once completed, two-way traffic on Highway 14 will be restored, making travelling the road to Port Renfrew safer and more efficient. [Info provided by the Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure on May 27.]