Welcome to businesses, organizations, school districts, all levels of government. Election candidates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Island Social Trends publishes daily news insights here at islandsocialtrends.ca .
- Digital subscribers receive a weekly digest by email.
- 2021 AD PACKAGES are friendly to COVID-budgets: Please contact the publisher for a suitable marketing package for your business or organization’s promotion. Online & Enews options, including social media. Tel: 250-217-5821
Businesses, organizations and municipalities are invited to market their products and services in the Island Social Trends news portal, subscriber ENews, and upcoming online store. Includes a range of exposures in social media. Inquiries to: email@example.com
Reach our broad attentive readership through the Island Social Trends news stream (formerly West Shore Voice News).
To develop a marketing package with Island Social Trends please call 250-217-5821 or email.
Design services available, or send post-ready files. Request 2021 Island Social Trends digital advertising rate sheet (updated August 9, 2021 to line up with the COVID-recovery economy.)
DAILY NEWS PORTAL
ONLINE ADS (on this website): Display ads reach a range of readers in the South Vancouver Island area and well beyond, including target audiences such as education, business, health, politics, technology and social issues.
Digital ad placements at www.islandsocialtrends.ca include the leaderboard (top of every page), as well as:
- Sidebars: Ads posted on rotating basis in specific sidebars on this website: main page, and alongside articles by region and topic.
- Banner inserts within articles (ask about off-season discounts and standby program for cheaper rates).
- Anchor page: ad as searchable/featured image, with short article (one-time setup fee); stays online indefinitely
- Events page: text listings free; single-fee for display ad for any length of time (posted when received).
ENEWS Ads: Display ad sizes the same as for sidebars.
- Inquire about per-issue insertion rate.
- Can be the same sidebar or banner ad from the online portal, morphed over into the ENews.
- Ideal for short-term target marketing, or long-time commitment. You set the number of insertions.
BE SEEN IN OUR NEWS STREAM: online and direct to subscribers
- We appreciate your advertising commitment, to help support this locally-owned and operated news-insight publication that serves an attentive community-connected readership in the south Vancouver Island region.
- We are a well established news outlet. Our print/PDF edition was published weekly pre-COVID (January 2011 to mid-March 2020), and the digital portal continues to expand. All news is now posted online (supporting our philosophy of informing the community). We have many long-time digital subscribers who receive a digest of all posted articles.
- Respect for journalism and for readers. We respect your time and your headspace. What we write is intended to inform and enlighten with meaningful commentary, always to professional Canadian journalism standards.
- Island Social Trends is an opportunity for businesses, government, community leaders and others to reach a distinct audience of attentive, inquisitive readers on the west side of Vancouver Island, around the Greater Victoria and south Vancouver Island areas, and beyond. We focus on current local news, BC/national news that affects local communities, and often drill down on certain topic areas such as the socioeconomics of health, education and lifestyle sustainability.
- Island Social Trends supports young journalists as freelancers and Canada Summer Jobs employees. We are helping training the new generations of writers. In 2021 we have launched the Island Social Trends Journalism Scholarship. Your ads and subscriptions support these goals.
- Exposure in our social media streams. Client advertisements are in seen our posts in Twitter, Facebook and Linked-In.
- News Content & Feature Articles.
- Regular news articles to professional journalism standards.
- Articles about businesses and organizations are presented with news value.
- Ad copy-writing and design services available (fee applies).
IN THIS WEB PORTAL, and ENEWS: 72 dpi, RGB, jpg
- Design fees: Ad bookings are subject to a basic design/setup fee (or submit post-ready to avoid that fee).
- Linking: ads will be linked to your website, Facebook or email address (some exceptions apply).
- Tech: All ads are in colour. [RGB, 72 dpi, jpg].
- Billing: You will be issued a booking contract and invoice upon booking your ad.
- Timeline: Ads are posted as arranged (can be immediate, within 24 hours, or within 3 days of receipt). Or specify a target live-date.
- Sizes (new at August 9, 2021) – width x depth (pixels)
- SIDEBAR – MAIN: E1 – 300 x 250 | E2 – 300 x 300 | E3 – 300 x 425
- SIDEBAR – ARTICLES: E4 – 300 x 250 | E5 – 300 x 300 | E6 – 300 x 425
- LEADERBOARD (BANNER): E7 – 728 x 90
- PAGE INSERT (BANNER): E8 – 468 x 60 | E9 – 728 x 90
- PAGE INSERT (SQUARE): E10 – 200 x 200 | E11 – 250 x 250
- ANCHOR PAGE: E12 – informational advertiser feature (utilizes E5 ad size as feature image).
This page last updated: September 6, 2021