Thursday March 23, 2023 | LANGFORD, BC
by Mary P Brooke, B.Sc. | Island Social Trends
Followup article: Well-attended March 25, 2023 event | What people are saying about food sustainability
Island Social Trends covers Food Security news on Vancouver Island, with an eye to what’s being done in BC and across Canada.
Visit our Food Security booth at Sooke Seedy Saturday this weekend, Saturday Mar 25, at Sooke Community Hall, 2037 Shields Rd. From 10 am to 3 pm.
Island Social Trends Editor Mary Brooke will be on hand to answer any of your questions about food security journalism and what the current developments are around food sustainability in BC.
Island Social Trends is a professional community news service, reporting now 15 years in the west shore (previously West Shore Voice News 2014-2020, Sooke Voice News 2011-2013, and MapleLine Magazine 2008-2010).
- Harsh economic realities at the mercy of political leadership (Mar 23, 2023)
- Food prices remain high, consumers hear more about grocery sector (Mar 11, 2023)
- Three grocery CEOs to address federal agriculture committee (Feb 26, 2023)
- Eby preludes Budget 2023 in 100-day speech (Feb 25, 2023)
- Food inflation riding high at 11.4% (Feb 21, 2023)
- Grocery chain CEOs being summoned to address Agriculture-AgriFood Committee (Feb 14, 2023)
- Sooke Seedy Saturday back in action (Feb 13, 2023)
- BC food security direction includes watchful eye on California (Feb 6, 2023)
- Farm workers 2023 minimum wage increase underscores food security (Dec 30, 2022)
- Steps forward in assessing food security – BC Agriculture Day (Oct 25, 2022)
- Food security: thoughts on on Thanksgiving weekend 2022 (Oct 10, 2022)
- Growing your own food in inflationary times (July 3, 2022)
- Elxn44 ESS candidates: food sustainability on Vancouver Island (Sept 12, 2021)