Friday May 26, 2023 | LANGFORD, BC
by Mary P Brooke, Editor | Island Social Trends
By-election has been called for June 24, 2023
Premier David Eby will be holding a press conference on Saturday May 27 from Vancouver International Airport at 1:45 pm.
He is expected at that time to announce the by-elections for Langford-Juan de Fuca and Vancouver-Mount Pleasant.
He will be departing tomorrow for an Indo-Pacific trade mission, accompanied by Minister of Jobs, Economic Development and Innovation Brenda Bailey, and team.
Eby was in Langford yesterday, helping local BC NDP candidate Ravi Parmar rub elbows in the downtown core retail area.
The by-election campaign period will be 29 days long, including Election Day.
More to come.
- Eby calling by-election shortly, Parmar expects tight race in Langford-Juan de Fuca (May 25, 2023)
- Upcoming by-elections are critically important for voters, says Eby (May 24, 2023)
- Langford-Juan de Fuca by-election candidates at Luxton Spring Fair (May 20, 2023)
- Strategies for Langford-Juan de Fuca by-election timing (May 16, 2023)
- Passing the BC NDP torch in Langford-Juan de Fuca (May 14, 2023)
- Three provincial electoral areas for west shore (April 18, 2023)
- BC Greens launch their Langford-Juan de Fuca candidate (April 6, 2023)
- John Horgan wraps up 18 years in BC elected politics (February 9, 2023)
- Decoupling of Langford and Sooke in proposed new BC electoral boundaries (Nov 22, 2022)
===== ABOUT ISLAND SOCIAL TRENDS:
Island Social Trends has been covering politics, business, education and communities through a socioeconomic lens since 2008 on south Vancouver Island (previously as West Shore Voice News, and before that both Sooke Voice News and MapleLine Magazine).
Island Social Trends posts news daily at islandsocialtrends.ca (2020-2023). A new bi-weekly print edition will launch in mid-July 2023, with the online news portal continuing robustly.
Mary P Brooke is the editor and publisher of Island Social Trends. Ms Brooke followed and wrote extensively about the COVID pandemic during 2020-2022, and continues to follow that topic as new developments arise. She has covered news of Sooke School District 62 (SD62) in-depth since 2014 and BC education more broadly for over 10 years. In the west shore she also reports on West Shore Parks and Recreation.
Ms Brooke now reports with the BC Legislative Press Gallery. She is actively covering the upcoming by-election in Langford-Juan de Fuca. | BY-ELECTION ARCHIVE
Among other qualifications, Ms Brooke holds a health sciences B.Sc. (Foods & Nutrition), a university Certificate in Public Relations, and an industry certificate in digital marketing. She was awarded the McGeachy Prize in Journalism (University of Saskatchewan). Mary Brooke is building a FOOD RESILIENCE NEWS ARCHIVE.