Saturday January 7, 2023 | LANGFORD, BC
SD62 SCHOOL DISTRICT NEWS | by Mary P Brooke | Island Social Trends
Parents/guardians of students in Grade 10-12 may be interested in attending an online info session about preparing for post-secondary.
The online session on Wednesday January 11 is about learning to help high school students navigate their plans toward post-secondary.
Parents, families, and student supporters to join the 1.5-hour virtual workshop Parents as Education and Career Coaches (PECC), which will start at 6:30 pm and run to 8 pm, including a Q&A.
There is no charge to participate, but registration is required.
Topics will include:
- BC’s post-secondary education landscape, including institutions and credentials
- Program and admission requirements and key dates
- Financial assistance options and scholarships
- Navigating resources and the application process through the Education Planner BC website
For more information by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SD61 GREATER VICTORIA – Lindsay Johnson <email@example.com>
- SD62 in LANGFORD, COLWOOD & SOOKE – Dante Di Ponio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- SD63 SAANICH – Colleen McNamee <email@example.com>
===== ABOUT ISLAND SOCIAL TRENDS:
Island Social Trends is a professional news portal at islandsocialtrends.ca . Fully online since mid-2020, Island Social Trends emerged from the extensive groundwork of previous print publications in the west shore: MapleLine Magazine (2008-2010), Sooke Voice News (2011-2013), and West Shore Voice News (2014-2020).
Since 2008, journalist and editor Mary P Brooke has taken a socioeconomic lens to the news of the west shore and south Vancouver Island region, including BC provincial news, and national news impacts. She contributes daily to regional and BC news coverage in social media including on Twitter @IslandSocTrends .
Ms Brooke has been covering news of School District 62 (SD62) at the board and committee level, attending nearly all of their meetings since 2014. She was a trustee candidate (SD62 Belmont Zone) in the October 2022 election.